1. Plenty of fresh seasonal produce and other goodies are still available from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Friday at the Down to Earth Farmers Market in New Rochelle (North Avenue in front of the high school) and from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the New Rochelle Grand Market on Library Green, Lawton and Huguenot streets. And from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday in Larchmont is the Down to Earth Farmers Market held at the Metro-North train station.
2. The Town of Mamaroneck Fire Department will have an open house from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday, October 19. There will be fun, hot dogs and fire trucks at the free event. This will be a chance to explore the firehouse and learning about fire safety. The firehouse is at 205 Weaver St. in Mamaroneck.
3. Westchester residents can get their dogs and cats rabies shots for free Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the New Rochelle Humane Society. For details, go here.
4. Head to the Emelin Theater Friday or Saturday for Rodgers &, an evening hosted by Martin Charnin with four Broadway stars performing unforgettable songs from Rodgers’s illustrious career. Performances are at 8 p.m. Tickets are $42. The Emelin Theater is at 153 Library Ln. in Mamaroneck.
5. The Sheldrake Environmental Center's Fall Festival is from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday. Activities include live music, apple cider, eco-crafts and pumpkin painting. For details, click here.