The Village of Mamaroneck will begin paving five roads throughout the area beginning on Monday, Sept. 10, according to a statement released by Village Manager Richard Slingerland today (see below).
Village of Mamaroneck Paving Completion Schedule Plan
- Rockland Avenue from Palmer Avenue to the Sarah Neuman driveway
- Dead end of Center Avenue, from Fenimore to the river
- Grove Street from the Village line to North Barry Avenue
- Jefferson Avenue from North Barry to the Dead End
- Knollwood Avenue from Raleigh Avenue to the Dead End
While we realize that paving during the day creates a difficulty for drivers, commuters and parents taking their children to and from school, the Village has made a financial decision not to pave at night due to the significant added expense involved, including for overtime work related to this construction.
Unfortunately, the Village’s contractor is also not able to avoid rush hours and school times, as this would virtually eliminate the day time paving schedule.
We want to let all residents know that the crews are working very quickly and all paving should be completed, weather permitting, on or before Friday, Sept. 14, 2012.
We apologize for any inconvenience to you during this time, and appreciate your patience while we complete this much-needed work for the Mamaroneck Village community.