Before lawmakers lose, win or keep their seats come November, candidates within the same party will battle it out at the polls for a chance to be their party's champion.
Primaries are slated for Thursday, Sept. 13, moved from the previous Tuesday as to not overlap with the Sept. 11 anniversary. Note: Patch's guide takes into account redrawn district boundaries.
Check below for a list of local races, and stay with Patch for results as the week progresses. (Certain congressional primary races took place in June; click and for results.)
Village of Mamaroneck (VOM) — will face off against Democratic newcomers Andres Bermudez-Hallstrom, Illissa Miller and Leon Potok for three open trustee seats. Republican Jennifer Bienstock Cohen will run against Democratic Incumbent Daniel J. Gallagher for Mamaroneck Village Justice.
Town of Mamaroneck — Democratic candidate —a former member of the Village of Larchmont Town Board and current member of the Town of Mamaroneck Board—will run against Republican newcomer Jay Rubin for one open board seat. Democratic candidate Ronald W. Meister will run against Republican Robert A. Sternbach for Mamaroneck Town Justice.
- Districts 70015, 70019, - 205 Weaver St., Larchmont
- Districts 70012, 70013, 70020, 70021 - - 250 Murray Ave., Larchmont
- District 70011 - Chatsworth Gardens Apartments - 14 N. Chatsworth Ave., Larchmont
- District 70003 - - 146 Palmer Ave., Mamaroneck
- Districts 70004, 70017, 70022, 70023 - - 740 W. Boston Post Rd., Mamaroneck
- Districts 70014, 70016 - - 1100 Palmer Ave., Larchmont
- Districts 70006, 70007, 70009 - - 1 Forest Park Ave., Larchmont
- Districts 70026, 70025, 70008 - - 119 Larchmont Ave., Larchmont (in back of library)
- District 70002 - Mamaroneck Volunteer Firehouse - 643 Mamaroneck Ave., Mamaroneck
- District 70001 - - 850 Mamaroneck Ave., Mamaroneck
- Districts 70005, 70027 - Mamaroneck Village EMS - 200 N. Barry Ave. Extension, Mamaroneck
- District 70010 - - 4 Fountain Sq., Larchmont
- Districts 160001, 160028 - - 546 E. Boston Post Rd., Mamaroneck
- District 160002 - Columbia Fire House - 601 N. Barry Ave., Mamaroneck
- District 160004 - Halstead Manor Fire House - 1400 Halstead Ave., Mamaroneck
- District 160024 - - 300 Hornidge Rd., Mamaroneck
All polling locations are open from 6 a.m. - 9 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
For more information or to locate your polling location, please visit the Westchester Board of Elections' website here.
State Senate primaries
District 35 -- Incumbent Democrat Andrea Stewart-Cousins will face no opposition from within her own party.
District 37 -- Democrat George Latimer and Republican Bob Cohen will face no opposition from within their respective parties.
State assembly primaries
District 88 -- Incumbent Democrat Amy Paulin will face no opposition from within her own party.
District 89 -- Democrat J. Gary Pretlow will face no opposition from within his own party.
District 90 -- Incumbent Democrat Shelley B. Mayer will face no opposition from within her own party.
District 91 -- Democrat Steve Otis and Republican William J. Villanova will face no opposition from within their respective parties.
District 92 -- Incumbent Democrat Thomas J. Abinati will face no oppositon from within his own party.
District 94 -- Democrat Andrew I. Falk will face no opposition from within his own party. Republicans Dario Gristina and Stephen Katz will battle for their party's nomination.
District 96 -- Incumbent Democrat Kenneth Zebrowski and Republican Matthew Brennan will face no opposition from their respective parties. Zebrowksi faces Matthew T. Katchmar will battle it out for the Independence Party nomination.
Distrist 97 -- Incumbent Democrat Ellen Jaffee and Republican Joseph Gravagna will face no opposition from their respective parties. Both are jockeying for the Independence Party nomination.