Starting on Monday, May 14, some commuters parking in the Jefferson Avenue Permit Lots in the Village of Mamaroneck will no longer be able to park in their usual spots.
As the gets underway, the following areas will be closed off for Con Edison utility relocation work through June 14, according to a notice sent out by the village.
- The three back-row spaces, and last four spaces, in the corner of the bigger Jefferson Avenue Permit Lot by the Mamaroneck River.
- The center row of parking (eight spaces), and the street-side row of parking (nine spaces) in the smaller Jefferson Lot, by .
- Four metered spaces on Jefferson Avenue, by the Bridge over the Mamaroneck River.
30 total spaces will be temporarily closed for construction.
The village plans to award a contract for bridge replacement in June, with Bridge demolition to follow shortly after. During this time, the Bridge will be closed to traffic and the entire small Jefferson Avenue Lot will be closed.
In the meantime, cars with commuter permits can park in the following areas:
- Long-term parking meter spaces on Van Ranst Avenue.
- Any parking meter space on Jefferson Avenue.
- Parking meter spaces on Halstead Avenue, on the railroad side of the street.
For updated information regarding anticipated delays due to weather or field conditions, check the village’s website here.