.

Smoke Condition at Central School; Early Dismissal For Students

Local fire departments responded to a report of smoke at Central School in Larchmont this morning.

 

Update: According to an email sent out by the Mamaroneck School District, the small electrical fire in the boiler room was caused by a power outage on Boston Post Road.

Due to ongoing power issues, students at Central will be dismissed at 11 a.m. All Pre-K and afterschool activities at the school have been canceled.

Town and Village of Mamaroneck Fire Departments responded to a report of smoke at Central Elementary School in Larchmont at around 9:30 a.m. today.

The smoke condition—which originated from the boiler room inside the school—is now under control, said Lt. Robert Koziak, a spokesperson for the Town of Mamaroneck Police.  He said children at the school were evacuated, but have now been let back into the school.  There will be an early dismissal for students.

There were no injuries reported, said Koziak, but a custodian was checked on the scene for smoke inhalation. 

Additionally, the roadway between Weaver Street and Nassau Road has been blocked off due to transformer fires on the Post Road, said Koziak, a result of poles being knocked down after heavy winds. It is unknown how long the road will be closed off for.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »