.

Faulty Central Air System Blamed For Small Purchase Fire

The Purchase Fire Department reported minimal damage after responding to a small house fire on Magnolia Drive Thursday afternoon.

A faulty central air system that filled a Purchase home with smoke drew a response from the Purchase and West Harrison Fire Departments Thursday afternoon.

The homeowner at 14 Magnolia Drive in Purchase reported smoke throughout the home at about 4 p.m. A motor in the basement that controls airflow had malfunctioned, spreading smoke inside the large two-story home, said Purchase Fire Chief Joe Brefere Jr.

Once fire officials located the machine, they simply turned it off and the small fire went out on its own.

"It was more smoke than anything else," said Brefere. "It was very contained."

There was no major smoke damage to the home and firefighters never had to use any water. The residents had to leave for a short time while fire officials investigated, but they were able to return by 5 p.m.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »