Even though it was a very mild winter, there is nothing like the bright, bold colors of spring to put a smile on your face. Why not bring some springtime indoors? Here are a few ideas to brighten your home, but also remember that un-cluttering has a long term effect as well.
- Change out all dark-colored throws and pillows and add brighter pastels and colors.
- Remove heavy drapes and replace them with light sheers that let in more light and brighten things up.
- Don’t forget to clean the windows so they sparkle as well!
- Replace candles with vases of brightly colored flowers.
- Add a lush plant in front of or inside the fireplace that will not be used again until fall.
- Replace dark lampshades with light-colored ones.
- Stash heavy blankets or down comforters in the closet and replace with lighter spreads.
- Replace heavy accessories on nightstands and dressers with glass bowls filled with seashells, or sea glass.
- Put some light-colored throw pillows on the bed.
- Replace heavy drapes with a light-colored valance or patterned sheers to draw more light into the room.
- Remove as much as possible from the countertops and refrigerator doors.
- Add springtime freshness to the table with napkins and placemats in spring colors.
- Hang some pretty new dishtowels in bright spring colors.
- Keep toothbrushes, toothpaste and toiletries in a cabinet and put a flowering plant on the countertop.
- Clean ventilation fans – remove the vent cover, soak in warm soapy water and dry. Vacuum or use vinegar and water to remove dust from the fan blades.
- Replace dark towels with brighter, spring-colored ones.
- Change a dark shower curtain with one that lets in more light and expands the room.
Just a few changes will brighten your home and make it spring ready. Potential buyers will notice the time and effort you took to make your home inviting.