- Rye is among the 64 municipalities, agencies and non-profits statewide that will receive funding under the federal Safe Routes to School program.From Rye YMCA
- Wanderlust Women Travel in Mamaroneck is presenting a Girls' Night Out Bachelor & Silent Auction for Hurricane Relief on February 13, 2013 at the Westchester Broadway Theatre in Elmsford. It's going to be a fun night to benefit the Red Cross Hurricane Sandy Relief fund. From Wanderlust Women Travel
- At the first meeting for 2013 of the Port Chester/Rye NAACP, new president Joan Grangenois-Thomas challenged the group to send a group of young people to see the Harlem Quartet perform in Sleepy Hollow on April 20. Rising to the call, out-going NAACP presidentJohn Reavis and Rye Town Supervisor Joe Carvin each committed to sponsor 10 young people to see the performance. Now they are seeking transportation. From Joan Grangenois-Thomas
- More than 40 bestselling and award-winning authors and presenters will converge at Mohegan Sun on February 1-2, 2013 for The Big Book Club Getaway, which will benefit The Alzheimer’s Association. From Susan K. McCann
- UJA Federation is sponsoring a Hurricane Sandy Rehabilitation Project in Coney Island and Gerritsen Beach over the MLK weekend. As part of the project, we are gathering gift cards for families in the area. From the UJA Federation
- For anyone who has thought about having backyard chickens but is not quite ready to take the plunge, here is the perfect opportunity --join the InterGenerate Heritage Egg Co-op at John Jay Homestead. From Xenia D'Ambrosi
- The Ars Viva Chamber Orchestra (AVCO) is presenting its first Westchester Youth Concerto Competition Winners Concert on February 9, 2013 at 1:00pm. The concert will be held at the historic Tarrytown Music Hall. From Jesse Henkensiefken
- , at 3 pm at Scarborough Presbyterian Church, Scarborough Manor, with an exhilarating concert designed to appeal to all musical tastes from the Classical – to the Modern – to the Great White Way. From Angela Usobiaga
- (HPCW) was recently inducted into the Westchester County Department of Senior Programs & Services Senior Hall of Fame. From Co-Communications
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something