Peter DeGast, who owns the restaurant with his wife Portia DeGast, said Friday there's been a substantial amount of work done to the place. He said the faulty wiring has been replaced and by the middle of next week workmen should be able to close up the walls.
"Structurally, there was minimal damage," DeGast said. "The electrical has been the bulk of it."
He said contractors have been lined up to take care of painting, carpeting, kitchen repairs and the like.
"It's moving as best as it can," DeGast said.
The business opened at it current location in 1965. DeGast's family bought the business in 1970.
"It's been three generations," he said.
DeGast said his approximately 30 employees have been paid in full since the fire. "They will be through the whole process," he said. "No one had to file for unemployment.
No estimate could yet be given for what it will cost to reopen the restaurant, DeGast said. He is still compiling information and working with insurance adjusters.
Patrons have been leaving comments on the restaurant's Facebook page.