Written by Liz Giegerich.
Artists from across the Hudson Valley will descend on Rye this weekend to do what they do best, paint, in a celebration of Rye’s beauty and to raise funds for the Rye Arts Center, the host of the event.
This year’s paint-out has attracted 46 artists, half of which are new to the event. They will choose which scene to paint from a list of 35 picturesque Rye locations including the shore clubs, Marshlands, Jay Heritage Center, Docks, the Knapp House, Purchase Street and paint all day on Sept. 28.
Their wet work will then be auctioned that evening during a live auction at 6:15 p.m., after a reception from 5 to 6 p.m.
The public can then view the silent auction of existing works by participating artists in the Gallery September 16-28, during weekdays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The evening will also pay special tribute to Rye iconic painter Howard Bratches.
The event will be held Rain or Shine. Suggested donation and/or auction bid paddles are $20 each. In the silent auction, 30 percent of the purchase goes to the RAC and the rest goes to the artist. For the Live Auction, 50 percent of the purchase goes to RAC and the other half goes to the artist.
Here is the full list of participating artists:
- Amanda Epstein, Putnam Valley
- Antonio Garcia, Long Island City
- Barbara Parrish, Lexington, MS
- Betty Chateauvert, Larchmont
- Brad Marshall, Rego Park
- Carol L. Douglas, Rochester
- David Dibble, Tuckahoe
- David Luchak, Old Greenwich, CT
- David Lussier, Woodstock, CT
- Edna Ortof, Scarsdale
- Eileen Pryor, McGann Island Park
- Elissa Gore, New York
- Elizabeth Derderian, Rye
- H. S. Kim, Long Island City
- Heather Patterson, Rye
- Hilda Green Demsky, Larchmont
- Holly Meeker Rom, New York City
- Hope Friedland, White Plains
- Janet Gunderson, Kerhonkson
- Jeanie Ritter, New Rochelle
- Jim Langley, Rye
- John Clark, Rye
- Joseph Bostany, Brooklyn
- Katharine Dufualt, Mamaroneck
- Kathy Buist, New York City
- Keith Gunderson, Kerhonkson
- Laura Anechiarico, Rye
- Lee Haber, New York City
- Linda Richichi, Armonk
- Lori Slotkin, Rye
- M. Colleen Harrigan, Port Chester
- Marilyn Fairman, Johnstown
- Mary Jay Costello, Mohegan Lake
- Nash Dunnigan, Nyack
- P. L. Wilkins, Wyncote, PA
- Pamela Lussier, Woodstock, CT
- Patti Mollica, Nyack
- Paul Ewing, Scarsdale
- Ron DeFelice, Sandy Hook, CT
- Seth Nadel, Highland
- Steven James Petruccio, Fishkill
- Susan Jeffers, Croton on Hudson
- Tarryl Gabel, Poughkeepsie
- Thomas Cardone, East Hills
- Vivian Bergenthal, Scarsdale
- Ying Chen, Rye Brook