For those still without power or the benefit of back-up generators in Larchmont and Mamaroneck, times are tough. The latest estimates from Con Ed as to when power will be restored are currently Thursday at midnight for many customers.
So, for those still in the dark, here’s a list of places where free WiFi is available, ice (dry and regular) can be purchased and coin-operated laundromats can wash and dry a few loads.
- – 136 Prospect Ave., Mamaroneck. The new library has plenty of room to spread out, plug in your laptop, and zone out for a few hours. There are also 12 public computers available.
- – 121 Larchmont Ave., Larchmont. The library has six public computers and a quiet place upstairs to plug in your laptop.
- Starbucks – ., Mamaroneck and Larchmont. Free coffee not included, unfortunately.
- – 1298 Boston Post Rd., Larchmont. Enjoy coffee, sandwiches and uninterrupted internet access.
Although Con Ed was distributing dry ice on Monday to customers without power, they have not announced a second date to hand out more ice to those that may have missed it. Here are some local places where ice is still available:
- – 500 Fenimore Rd. #1, Mamaroneck. This dry ice distributor is one of the only places around that still has ice available. The cost is $1.20 per pound, with a 10-pound minimum.
- , 1326 Boston Post Rd., Mamaroneck. The store still has bags of ice in stock, but no dry ice.
- Stop and Shop, 2425 Palmer Ave., New Rochelle. The store has plenty of bags of regular ice, but no dry ice.
- – 521 N. Barry Ave., Mamaroneck.
- Harrison Laundry Station – 297 Halstead Ave., Harrison.
- Becky Bubbles Laundry Center – 3 Huguenot St., #A, New Rochelle.