Five things you need to know today.
- The (TOM FD) killed it at the Fireman’s Parade this year, snagging a trophy for best of everything (out of the approximately 45 departments from the tri-state area being judged) for the first time in TOM FD history! And, if that wasn’t enough, they also took home 2nd Most Members in Line, Best Appearing Fire/Rescue, 2nd Best Appearing in State Under 10 Years Engine, and 2nd Best Appearing Aerial. Congratulations and thank you for all your service!
- Keep in mind that summer hours are now in effect for local municipalities and public venues, like the . The will be open from 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. through August 31. Hommocks Pool will close a half-hour early through the summer; hours are 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. through Memorial Day.
- What are you doing to help your community this summer? If the answer is followed by a shrug and a mumbled “I dunno,” now’s your chance to get involved. The is seeking volunteers to pick up meals and deliver them locally to homebound seniors. A car is required. Volunteers must be 18 or older and can contact the TOM by phone at (914) 381-7840 or e-mail at: Communityservices@townofmamaroneck.org to get involved. You’d be surprised how much a friendly face and a quick chat can brighten someone’s day.
- Interested in roughing it in the wilderness surrounded by bears and other potentially hungry and ferocious wildlife? Well, neither am I. But, if you are interested in just the camping out part, you can enjoy the tamed confines of in Larchmont on July 15. Registration for the second annual campout begins on July 11 in the $20 cost per tent, no stakes allowed. Adults must accompany children.
- Shake your groove thing at in Larchmont tomorrow at 7 p.m.; two summer cocktails, hors d’ouevres and desserts are courtesy of Sugar Bee Catering and included in the $45 ticket price. Proceeds benefit the Sheldrake Environmental Center. A merchant raffle will follow the festivities. Tickets can be purchased on the Sheldrake website here.
Become a blogger today!
Get started now